Benefits of Structural Insulated Panels:
- EXCELLENT Thermal Performance – This is due to the solid core of polyurethane insulation throughout the structure which ensures that the building is heated evenly, remains free from cold spots and will benefit from reduced heating costs.
- LOW U-value walls and roof – Structural Insulated Panels offer extremely high thermal performance, the Polyurethane (PUR) core of rigid insulation can achieve U-Values as low as 0.10 Watts per Meter Squared Kelvin (W/m²K) making significant savings on your annual heating costs.
- INTEGRAL insulation – The insulation is integral to the SIP Building System and therefore eliminates the need and cost for cavity insulation.
- EXTRA floor space – Structural Insulated Panels create more internal floor space for the same external dimensions in comparison to masonry construction. This is because a SIP structure provides excellent strength and insulation in a smaller wall section. Open habitable roof space could transform a 3-bed house to a 5-bed house for little extra cost.
- LIGHT-WEIGHT Structural Strength – The average weight per sqm of a Structural Insulated Panel is around 20kg.
- ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY – Structural Insulated Panels are made from timber which is sourced from managed plantations. Timber is the only truly renewable building material. The polyurethane (PUR) core of insulation has a Low Global Warming Potential (GWP).
- LOW wastage – Structural Insulated Panels are pre-engineered in a factory environment which results in less defects and wastage throughout the manufacturing and construction processes.
Rochdale Nov 2019